Pages

Hebrews 3:4

"For every house is built by someone, but God is the builder of everything."

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Family Work Day





Well... the time has come to reveal some of our color choices! Shimmer and Shine went with me yesterday to pick up our primer for the garage (which we had tinted), and a quart of our exterior paint for the house. Daddy tested an area off the back of the hearth room. Both are Benjamin Moore colors from their historic line. The house will be Abingdon Putty and the barn will be Hampshire Gray, with Abingdon Putty trim.

I've gotten rather used to seeing our gray and white house... it kind of has a "beach"-look about it! Or, maybe I am just going through withdrawal since we missed out on the beach last year to move and this year to build ;) I'm loving our color choices though... they have an earthi-ness about them that I'm drawn to and that I think suits our style and the setting for our home.

Shimmer and Shine took turns riding his bike in the cul-de-sac while Daddy and I primed the barn. They each wanted a turn though, so I gave them a paint lesson before calling it quits for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment